Simon Fraser University is not the only educational institution facing challenges. The issues affecting staff and students at SFU should be considered in relation to political decisions made across the country regarding education. Furthermore, these concerns are by no means unique to Canada – funding cuts and damaging ‘reforms’ have impacted education at all levels in many countries in recent years.
One way to stay up to date with these issues is to like us on facebook – facebook.com/TSSU.ca – or follow us on Twitter – twitter.com/tssu. We regularly post articles and information relating to broader educational issues.
Prior to the Summer 2015 semester, some of the key stories we have highlighted include:
- I’m an Adjunct who also Works at a Grocery Store
- They Turned College into McDonalds: Adjunct Professors, Fast-Food Wages and how Colleges Screw More than Just Students
- Montreal Professors Stare Down Riot Cops
- Capilano University Teachers Start Job Action
- York University Undergrads Host Sit-In at Senate’s Office to Demand Respect for 3903 Strikers
- UConn Graduate Students Win Union through Rank-and-File Action
- [VIDEO] This is Contract Faculty Time: York Faculty in Support of Contract Faculty
- Boston University Adjunct Professors Vote to Join Union
- Virtual Teaching, Real Organizing
- Next Showdown over TA Unions at Private Universities?